Thursday 24 January 2008

Salvaging Bastards, I Salute You.

I love EVE.

It says something about EVE that I keep finding posts like this. It’s another example of the potential within EVE, and other virtual worlds, to use game mechanics in ways that weren’t initially expected.

There are a lot of players constantly running missions in high security space and scanning them down in order to salvage the npc wrecks they leave is wonderfully devious, and EVE is a playground for the devious.

Salvaging can be a very lucrative profession, if you’ve got the time. I used to chase hot spots, searching for systems with a high number of ships destroyed, looking for wrecks left behind after a battle; but these guys have taken it to the next level.

Essentially, it’s salvage piracy, and reasonably safe, while salvaging someone else’s wreck doesn’t aggress you to them.

Why didn’t I think of that!?

No comments: